1. Mainiemi, Padasjoen Latu shed- Lammassaari-Pitkäniemi-Isohiekka appr. 10 km
- The Padasjoen Latu shed at Mainiemi is a good starting point, parking spaces for cars
- through the north point of Kalainsaari towards the tip of Mustaniemi
- from Mustaniemi following the passage signs towards Lammassaari where there is a campfire place and lean-to/tent places, good quiet place for staying over night
- from Lammassaari to the east towards Pitkäniemi where there is a floating platform
in the lagoon
- campfire place and lean-to at Pitkäniemi also suitable for tents
- from Pitkäniemi to Isohiekka through the passage, can be a Windy part
- Isohiekka the ”Riviera” of Kelvenne, campfire place and to the side good places for tents, wonderful swimming beach, clean water, sand and low water levels quite far
- from shore
2. The tour of Kelvenne; Isohiekka-Koukunlahti-Hinttolanhiekka- The southern point of Kelvenne ’Southern lagoon”-Karhunkämmen-Isohiekka appr. 20 km
Kelvenne is appr. 8 km long main island of the national park. Isohiekka is a good starting point for the tour. Through the north point going round to Koukunlahti where there is a campfire place.
- Koukunlahti- Hinttolanhiekka appr. 4 km, eastern wind can make travel more
- Campfire place at Hinttolanhiekka, place is suitable for tents. Popular with boaters.
- Hinttolanhiekka-the southern tip Of Kelvenne appr. 2 km
- beware; Kirkkosalmi strait could be very’ busy, especially on Friday and Sunday afternoon.
- campfire place at the southem tip
- campfire place at the ”Southern lagoon” and also suitable for tents
- the part between the ”Southern lagoon” and Karhunkämmen
- may be difficult when winds are from the west.
- Karhunkämmen is a good shelter port and campfire place. Popular with boaters
- From the lagoon of Karhunkämmen to Isohiekka take a detour through the tip of the rocky peninsula, may be diffucult when winds are from the west.
3. Other destinations
Mainiemi-Pikku (Vähä) Haukka-Lammassaari; nice day route destination appr. 10 km.
- Beware of the windy back of Padasjoki and the busy boat and ship traffic at the port
Hietasaari; from the northern tip of Kelvenne appr. 3 km,
- excellent place for campfires, tents and swimming.
Haapasaari, Kalastajan maja—Fishers croft; Distance appr. 14 km from Mainiemi.
- public landfall
- base for Lahden Venekerho – boat club
Päijänne recreational association destinations Linnasaaren takut and Lehtistensaaret
- Theres sauna on Lehtistensaaret
- Not part of national park
NOTE: Read through the guides and rules of the national park, they can be found at the campfire places or on the web at: http://www.nationalparks.fi/